old Goa Church
Old Goa Church
Goa Tourism is popularly known for its beaches but it is also the home of some beautiful churches for its architectural beauty. Goa unlike the image built of itself this beautiful place don’t just have beaches and parties. A lot more than you can think so next time when you visit old Goa church, give a break and explore the beautiful churches.
Brief Details of Old Goa Church
Bom Jesus Basilica Church
1. Bom Jesus Basilica church is considered as one of the finest example of Baroque architecture that is the building hat had begun in the 16th Century. The floor of this church is made up of Marble and precious stone. This old goa church has a art gallery. It is a 108 Years old goa church.
Se Cathedral De Santa Catarina
2. Se Cathedral De Santa Catarina is the largest church of India. Church has original two towers but one was destroyed and never to be built again. Se Cathedral stands tall t 250 feet and the front eitseld 115 feet high. The attraction point is the Golden Ball which is located in Vellha.
3. Church of St.Francis of Assisi built in 1661 by Portuguese. This church also displays a Barque and Corinthian architecture. Another attraction is the museum inside it has paintings and also stunning sculptures. It has floral designs and intricately carved wood work.
4. Church of our lady of Miracles was founded in 1594 and started as a military chapel. There is one Hindu temple in this church which shows the Hindu and Christians coexisting happily and in peace. After 16 days of Eastern every year they host a feast day which is celebrated both Hindu and Christians.
5. Chapel of St.Catherine was rebuilt in 1952 and is one of its kinds. Small in size beautiful and elegance will leave you in awe.
6.Church of St.Cajetan has a breathtaking and minor influences off Corinthian style of architecture it is divided into two different sections.
7. Nossa Senhora De Penha de France is the most visited church off Goa. Alluring interiors with high ceiling and stained glass wind if you love it this church is sure to leave you awestruck.
Other Old Goa Church’s
8. Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate conception conducts mars everyday in English,Portuguese and Konkani. It was built in 1541. The stairways are in a zigzag form added later to the church.
9. Church of Lady of Rosary where you can find two beautiful chapels and also altars inside the church. The main altar is dedicated to Holy Mother to enjoy the beauty of this church you do not have to be a believer.
10. St. Alex Church Built in 1597 there is no surprise but it is favorite and one of thee major attractions.It has architectural beauty but also has scenic location. The alluring and small lake in the backdrop which gives you peaceful moments.
Conclusion : Old Goa Church can be enjoyed in goa sightseeing of goa tour package from a1journey
Please follow and like us:
Pingback:Goa Tourism - Tourism in Goa, Goa Tourism Packages